What To Do When You’re in Dallas
If you’re visiting Dallas, but you don’t want to go the standard touristy route, keep on reading. First of all, check if there are any festivals going on. Visiting a random festival is always a pleasant surprise. I love stumbling upon a festival. Especially when they sell funnel cakes. I’ll try to contain this list to just Dallas. I could go on a tangent on various cities, but hey, let’s stick to Dallas.
- Glazed Donut Works – if you’re in the mood for donuts in the morning or at night, glazed is where to go. The donuts are so yummy. They’re huge and they have a bunch of unique flavors.
- Whisk Crepes Cafe – trust me, you’ll love this place. They have the best crepes in town. They also serve coffee. So it’s basically a win win.
- Pecan Lodge – can you really come to Dallas and not have BBQ? I have never had brisket as delicious as the ones they serve here.
- Emporium Pies – I’m not a pie person, but emporium seriously has something for everyone. My favorite pie is the smooth operator aka the delicious chocolate pie.
- Knife – anything you get here you’ll love. Too good. You have to try the bacon appetizer. It’s so yummy.
- Hunky’s – It’s old fashioned and I love it. Such a great place to get a burger and fries. Parking might be tricky during the weekend, but it’s worth it.
Go workout. Here are studios I personally love:
- Grit Fitness
- TITLE Boxing Club
- City Surf Fitness
- The Barre Code
- Classic Pilates
- Go hiking at Cedar Ridge Preserve or Oak Cliff Nature Preserve
- Miniluxe – Nail salon that I love going to. The staff is friendly. They offer complimentary water, juice, tea, and coffee.
- Hiatus Spa + Retreat – First spa experience I have had, and I fell in love when I went to Hiatus. The 90 minute massage was so relaxing but went by so quickly.
- Highland Park Village – HP Village is perfect for a day out. Seriously. So many cute stores around and restaurants. I love it.
- Henderson St. – Find a parking spot. Get down and walk the strip on Henderson and 75. So many shops to visit and delicious restaurants to choose from. Suggestions? Velvet Taco or Victor Tangos
- Greenville Ave. – This is so vague and huge but, if you can stop by the Trader Joe’s in Lower Greenville, you’ll be right where the shops are at. A couple of miles down (near Granada) is also another great shopping stip on Greenville to peruse.
- Escape The Room Dallas –
- The Cookery
- Bowl & Barrel